Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Adventures of Birdie and Cuffy

Ebony and Ivory, together in perfect harmony.

This week, we are doggy-sitting our friend, Rob's, dog, Cuffy. She's a precious and sweet black lab and she and Birdie are quickly becoming BFF.

Today when I got home, we did the typical. Went outside, threw the tennis ball for a while, nothing exciting. I went back in, leaving the dogs outside to play. Maybe 5 minutes later, I go back out to check on them, and this is what they Cuffy was up to.






hole digging...

 showing pride in her hole digging...









aaaand this is what she was after...
MOLE!

As you can imagine, I was HORRIFIED! Although it's not quite as big as it appears in the pic. Still...horrifying.
I sent the dogs inside to scoop it up with the "pooper scooper" and throw it over the fence into the woods. Only to find...it wasn't dead. Yes, folks, I was totally freaking out at this point. I don't necessarily think of myself as a "girly girl"...but I was completely screaming/yelping/jumping around like a total priss. I had to whack the thing with the pooper scooper....2 times. Then one more for good measure. No way was I going to scoop this thing up only to find it could viciously attack me...which is exactly what I pictured happening in my head. But my whacking did the job. The little guy was dead as a doornail. 

For the last 9 months or so, Andy and I have been trying to get rid of these annoying rodents in our yard. This is what we were using. Some thing that annoyingly beeps--supposedly sending shock waves to deter the moles.
Clearly ineffective.


Who knew all we needed was a Cuffy?


This is Birdie...chillin in the shade.

pretending like this was her handy work...

Wonder what other goodies Cuffy will have for us this week? 
Stay posted!

2 comments:

  1. That is hilarious!! I need to borrow him for my backyard :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Why didn't we hear about this last night??

    ReplyDelete